perjantai 21. marraskuuta 2008

Behemoth (swe) - The Ancient Kingdom rehearsal/demo 1994


Behemoth - The Ancient Kingdom rehearsal/demo 1994
1.
The Ancient Kingdom Beyond The Frozen Forest
2. The Cursed Sun
3. Like A Wailing Winter Wind
4. Deathcrush (Mayhem cover)

Reuploaded

Here is the second demo of the Swedish Behemoth (who changed their name to In Aeternum - a smart move considering the Polish Behemoth had already back then gained some name). It was originally supposed to be a studio demo called "Like a Wailing Winter Wind" but the guys could not afford studio after buying new equipment so they recorded this rehearsal demo instead. I read about them in a zine in 1994 and curious to hear the music sent a tape + postage & received this. No cover and not even a track listing so for the longest time it was just "The Ancient Kingdom, track 2, track 3, Deathcrush" to me. So no cover art, there probably wasn't a real cover anyways. Instead I scanned their charmingly clumsy logo from Goetia #2.

Another notable thing is that the first track is missing a few seconds from the beginning. I can't remember for the life of me was it like that when I received it, or was it my screw up when I recorded it onto another tape. Still, it's 2-3 seconds so it should not be a grave matter.

UPDATE: I hadn't  noticed it but Ablaze Productions had re-released this, "Domini Inferi" demo and In Aeternum demo material on CD already in 2014. So I recommend you to pick that release up if you enjoyed this demo. I know I will.

3 kommenttia:

hurricane_mario kirjoitti...

Hi, i just downloaded everything from your blog, except frozen tear which i already had. Really nice blog and I appreciate that you use mediafire on all your posts! (except this one)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

This one had been re-released in 2014:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/In_Aeternum/And_Darkness_Came_%2B_Behemoth/444814

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Oh, thanks for the tip, I need to find a copy for myself. Never managed to find a full copy of "Domini Inferi" demo. Better update the entry too.