torstai 9. heinäkuuta 2009

Cruachan - Celtica demo 1994


Cruachan - Celtica demo 1994
1)
To Moytura We Return
2) Maeves' March
3) Cúchulainn
4) Battle Frenzy
5) The Voyage Of Bran
6) To Invoke The Horned God
7) F.M.C.D.A.C.A.K.A.F.G.H.
8) Scéal Na Fianna (live)

Depositfiles

I enjoyed this demo quite a lot when one of my tape trader comrades recorded it to me in 1995, but was somewhat dissappointed with the debut album released on Nazgul's Eyrie. In a fit of nostalgy I downloaded a version of the demo from one of the various blogs but to my dissappointment it was at 128 kbps, sounded pretty weak and was incomplete. So I decided to rip my own tape - which has the disadvantage of being a 3rd or so generation dub and suffers from massive tape hiss. However, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out, managed to eliminate the worst of the hissing without much damage to overall sound. Bullshit! UPDATE: I'm not at all satisfied with the old rip! So I ripped it again & re-uploaded. I also found better scan(s) of the covers which are included.

As for the content itself, this is Celtic pagan (black) metal with at times great raw vocals, endearingly clumsy clean vocal, pipes, melodic and very folky instrumentation. The sound is typical of the demo tapes of the time, audible bass is noteworthy, guitars are a little too low and the vocal is high on the mix. Songs vary from very short to epic lenght, at times a little too long for their own good I admit. Not much else to say, take a listen at Cruachan's rough past.

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks! I was really into Cruachan a few years back. I wanted the demo but, like you, found some incomplete/misleading collection of mp3s instead.

Thanks again for this.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

You're welcome. I've often found out that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself! ;)

DIABLO kirjoitti...

HI,EXCELLENT BLOG MY FRIEND AND EXCELLENT DEMO OF CRUACHAN,VISIT TO MI BLOG;
http://oldmetalmuseum.blogspot.com/
I AGREE TO MY LIST BLOGS FRIENDS,HAILS,,,,,,,,,,

DIABLO kirjoitti...

HAILS FROM MEXICO, ATTE;DIABLO