tiistai 14. heinäkuuta 2009

Nattvindens Gråt - En avlägsen stjärna Promo track 1994


Nattvindens Gråt - En avlägsen stjärna Promo Track 1994
1)
En avlägsen stjärna

Reuploaded - 2022

Here's the first recording of Nattvindens Gråt which started as Darkwoods My Bethrothed/Wizzard member Teemu's solo project. This song was also featured on the "Där svanar flyger" Cassette-EP/demo released by Solistitium, naturally it was re-recorded for that tape. This version is rougher, I think he recorded it with a 4-tracker but can't remember for sure. I got in touch with Teemu in 1994 when I ordered the "Dark Aureoles Gathering" demo from him and we wrote letters for quite a while. He also recorded me a few tapes and this track on one of them. I was excited by it, atmospheric and quite epic northern metal. His vocals were probably the weakest link on it, but now that I listened to it after a long time I don't think they're that bad after all. Main voice is a hoarse, strangled croak but he does some semi-clean singing too. I can't remember if someone helped him out with drums or other instruments.

It's only one song but of epic length, clocking over 7:30 minutes. Good, clear sound for a recording of this nature. Slight tape imperfection, but nothing too serious. Melodic and very Nordic sounding material going at mid pace, enjoyable track.

2 kommenttia:

HeiroftheNorthstar kirjoitti...

Not sure if you are still active here, but I would be very grateful if you could possibly re-upload this file. I'm a big fan of Nattvidens Gråt and I would love to be able to hear demo material from the Där Svanar Flyger sessions!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Heirs:

I am not, but occasionally pop back to do some requests. And this one I'm glad to reupload, it's actually somewhat topical again with DMB's return!