torstai 24. syyskuuta 2009

Mayhem - Live Baroeg, Rotterdam 17.04.1999


Mayhem (Norway) - Live at the Baroeg, Rotterdam Netherlands 17th April 1999
1)
Intro Tape
2) I Am Thy Labyrinth
3) Freezing Moon
4) Intro to Carnage
5) Carnage
6) From the Dark Past
7) Symbols of Bloodswords
8) Drum solo / View from Nihil
9) Fall of Seraphs
10) Pure Fucking Armageddon
11) Silvester Anfang
12) Deathcrush

Reuploaded

Another Mayhem live bootleg from Maniac-era, but this one is a notable curio as it does not feature the man himself. I don't know who is filling in for him but as you can (barely) make out from the short speech titled here as "Intro to Carnage", he couldn't make it and well that's about what I could gather from that rant.

UPDATE: I've been informed that it is Necrobutcher talking in the aforementioned piece and Blasphemer is filling in for Maniac! Thanks for the info! Blasphemer does ok in my opinion, on some songs actually better than M, like on "Freezing Moon." He's not very talky overall which is not a big miss. As usual, "Pure Fucking Armageddon" is a fucking torso and this time "I Am Thy Labyrinth" gets the shortening treatment too.

After the introductions I'll move into the catch: the sound is pretty much shit. I remember that several of the old bootlegs I had from the Baroeg gigs of various bands suffered from poor sound so I believe the venue is "challenging" to put it nicely. The guitar is buried under the drums, often very overbearing bass and the vocals. Naturally the sound quality also changes a few times, probably due the person moving a bit. It's not the worst I've heard but takes certainly a hardened listener to bear and enjoy, your mileage will probably vary here. So consider yourself warned. For Mayhem-maniacs, black metal live collectors, historians and masochists.

4 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Blasphemer is doing the vocals. He did this a few times over the years. He even did a few songs at Maniac's last show at Wacken in 2004. Maniac was there but left the stage during the set.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Excellent, thanks for the info! I'll update the post.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

No problem. Thanks for the download, did not have this one yet. Also; that that's Necrobutcher speaking during the intro to "Carnage" and I think I'm hearing something to the effect of "Manic had to go to the hospital", probably over cutting himself too bad. And of course, something like "fuck him".

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Another useful revelation, thank you for that one as well! Heh heh no sympathy for "work accidents" from his colleagues.