tiistai 12. huhtikuuta 2011

Infamis - Malum Necessarium demo 1996


Infamis (pol) - Malum Necessarium demo 1996
1)
Intro (Spiritus Movens)
2) Signum Temporis
3) Ut Sequitur
4) Vis Maior
5) Cum Tacent Clamant
6) Ex Oriente Lux

Reuploaded

To follow the previous post I decided to upload yet another Polish demo of dark synth stuff, also gotten from a tape trader but at least this time I was able to dig up an extremely poor and tiny thumbnail pic of the cover from some sort of Polish eBay-type site (I guess). Needless to say it's not helpful for providing info or anything and I'd like a proper cover scan. At least a little bigger image of the front would also do.

So I don't know much about this project either but I can tell right away the sound on this demo is better than on the Ars Poetica one and it's purely instrumental. Of similar lenght, this 32+ minutes passes away pleasantly enough in old school Mortiis atmospheres. Keyboards playing soundtrack-like quasimedieval dark ambiance, it's certainly nothing groundbreaking but I can say I'm enjoying this. If you liked the Depressive Silence demos you might want to check this out. Dungeon synth, as the young man running a blog of the same name terms it!

4 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

I REALLY appreciate all the "keyboard music" albums you've uploaded. I recently started a blog wherein I'm trying to assert "dungeon synth" as a unique tag, which this style of music most desperately needs.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

Hi & thanks for your comment, nice to read you've enjoyed them!

Well, I had actually forgotten about the dungeon term applied to music but that's pretty much what Mortiis called his early stuff (dark dungeon music I think?) so the "dungeon synth" you champion can be a very appropriate & feasible tag. I'll be sure to check out your blog!

zargonath kirjoitti...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_SfK4VmQ4
If you are interested i ve it

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@zargonath:

Thanks, but I actually do have rips of three more Infamis releases, including that one which I think was the best of them. Appreciate the offer though!