perjantai 29. heinäkuuta 2011

Tyrant - Demo '98


Tyrant (fin) - Demo '98
1)
The Omen
2) The Power Beyond Dimensions
3) The Dungeons of Eternal Torment

New version! - RGhost / Mediafire

Here's another request (finally) fulfilled with the assistance of comrade Grev who has once again provided me with a dub and cover scans - thank you! At least couple of people asked for this demo by Finland's Tyrant a few months ago, sorry I don't remember who right now but here it finally is. For many the reason they are interested in this is probably that Mitja Harvilahti of Moonsorrow fame played on this demo, I don't know which one of the aliases he was but I'm guessing "Shadow" who plays the lead guitar. This is the only release of the band as far as I know.

UPDATE: I've reuploaded this demo with another, better rip sent to me by Henri Sorvali, thank you, which also includes cover scans.

Now that the name-dropping has been taken care of we may concentrate on the music which is very good melodic Finnish black metal with a good demo sound. Easy to listen, very fluent but not too syrupy or ridiculously pompous or other generally annoying things I often have to associate with sympho/melodic bm. Not too original either but works for me and hasn't gotten boring so far. I suppose I can recommend this to the majority of the readers, except die hard death metal heads or necrocultists.

6 kommenttia:

Grilo do Demo kirjoitti...

OH MAN another Moonsorrow related rarity! Thanks a lot, I appreciate it very much (at the same time as I realize what a brainless fanatic I am).

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@G.d.D.:

I thought you'd be pleased with this! It's a good demo too. Don't worry about being fanatic, it's good to have something to be enthusiastic about. Moonsorrow were great at Tuska, by the way.

Grilo do Demo kirjoitti...

Good to read that, I'm hopefully going to see them this autumn for the first time :D

By the way... is the church in the cover of the tape the same that appears in the bottom of this blog?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@G.d.D.:

Nope, the picture on the blog is from the Porvoo church which was set in fire in 2006. I think the demo cover pic is probably one of the Norwegian churches.

Vomit of the Earth kirjoitti...

hey Velkaarn! I hope the music here can be related to their other side project "Raven" which I believe stands out Funeral Doom. Thanks for another rarity.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Vomit:

Hails! As you've probably found out by now, it's pretty far from Raven. I think you're mixing up people, Raven/Shape of Despair features Wanderer/Thy Serpent etc people and this has a Moonsorrow connection... though now that I think of it, Shape of Despair might have a connection too.