maanantai 28. marraskuuta 2011

Perkele - Erotic Circus (1996)


Perkele (fin) - Erotic Circus
1)
Dancing in the Night
2) Where's My Lady
3) Lightning Strikes
4) Summer
5) Red, Liquid Flower
6) Warhorse
7) You're My Wish
8) Summernight (Digital Passion Mix)
9) In Parties

Reuploaded

More unusuality: an album. Well, this has been long out of press so it was a request I thought I'd go ahead and fulfill. Also, I'd hate to see you cough up ridiculous sums for a used copy without hearing it first. Perkele, here a two-piece, was another project band featuring Ari "Sinister Satyr" Honkonen of Morningstar but if you've read this blog for any longer time I shouldn't need to introduce him. The earlier material was Isengard/Storm influenced pagan metal but the project started to get gothier around "Midsummer Murders" promo 1995 and went all in with this, their sole album released by Nederlands' Hammerheart in late 1996 (or early 1997). I've ripped my copy and made a halfassed scan of the outer sides of the digipak.

You might've noticed a certain lack of enthusiasm on the previous paragraph. That is because I don't like this, plain and simple. It's probably the worst release Arska has put out. His wavering clean vocals worked on the "drunken viking" approach of the old tapes and on the more sinister sounding promo tape but here it's just not happening. Granted, I'm not much of a fan of gothic rock and vocals of for example Two Witches make me cringe but I'm not very keen on the music either. If you're a connoisseur of gothic rock you might manage to enjoy this. I advice the rest to approach with caution.

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I was ironically thinking of this release a few days back, and wondering why the hell I spent the $1 that I did when I picked it up in the "sale" (aka junk) bin at a local store. I've had it for around 10 years, but I've only ever listened to 1 partial track. "Awful" and "hideous" are key words that come to mind...

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

They are among the words I think too. Let us hope this upload will save another soul $1 or whatever some bandit might decide to ask for this.