maanantai 26. joulukuuta 2011

Lamentation - Promo Track 96/97


Lamentation (gre) - Promo Track 1996/1997
1)
Whispers from Carmilla's Tomb

Depositfiles

Non-metal post and a quickie, here's a single promo track from Greece's Lamentation which was later renamed Nachtkaiser and featured Der Stürmer personnel. This track was also released later under Nachtkaiser monicker on a compilation tape, which I haven't heard so I don't know if it's the same recording or different somehow. Anyways, this one I got from my trader around 1997 I think.

There's some hissing on the background but otherwise the dub is of good quality, in a way this is more like "Fullmoon..." and "Eine Symphonie..." than "As ShadowKingdom..." as it is fully instrumental, without the vocals which I personally found more a flaw than a strenght on the third demo. It's synths and piano again, but that's really all you need sometimes. The atmospheres remind me of ancient Ultima IV and weltering in nostalgia is something I enjoy. I think this might be my favourite Lamentation recording (can't comment on the Nachtkaiser material as I haven't heard any!). Let us hope the CD compilation of Lamentation/Nachtkaiser material becomes reality soon. Until then enjoy this track and don't forget the second demo either.

12 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

Thanks a lot, this is fantastic. It's uploads like this which make Asmodian Coven my favorite music blog.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

Thanks for the comment! I was hoping you'd enjoy this too, it's one of my favourite tracks in the genre.

Welt Kriegs Nacht Blut kirjoitti...

Hail Velkaarn!!!!
Thanks for this great contribution, I really like Lamentation, I read that mentioned the 1st demo "Eine Symphonie der Nacht." can you share this production with us?

Great music, great blog. hatred, melancholy and eternal darkness. Greetings from the dark forests of Guatemala.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@WKNB:

Hails! Sorry I can't share the first demo, I got a rip of it from the members and they asked me not to share it as a compilation with the Lamentation material was planned for release. The compilation is still not out but I'm going to honour my promise.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn, Hey! A bit off topic but do you know if Mortiis from Emperor played in Norwegian Black metal band Dark North in the mid 90's, or was that someone else who went under the name Mortiis before the other one became so well known? Thanks!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Anonymous:

Well, I'm not really much of an expert on Mortiis, but by 1995 I'd say he was probably so busy with his own projects (Mortiis, Vond, Fata Morgana) I doubt he'd be making guest appearances on a demo. Didn't he live in Sweden by 1995 too? Though he WAS bass player while with Emperor too so it could be possible he might have helped out someone. I don't think I've ever read anywhere of this, so I'm quite sceptical.

Maybe someone else knows better but unfortunately I can't really say much pro or con. I'm curious to hear that band though!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hails from Athens-Hellas(Gr)!!

Too great to find such recordings on your fantastic blog.True diamonds !

Keep up the good work, and tell me if you are interested in greek 90's tape stuff..

Prometheus

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Prometheus:

Hails & thanks for your comment! Yes certainly I'm interested, do you have a list you could send me? You can use my hotmail address: velkaarn at hotmail dot com.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hi, I was wondering if you could at some point re-upload this release, as I really doubt I would find it somewhere else. I've previously downloaded the other Lamentation demo from this site, but it seems there's so much stuff that I'll miss. Regards.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Sure, I'll get right to it.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hmm, did the Nachtkaiser/Lamentation split mentioned here never happen? A shame, if so.

Otherwise, much thanks for this track. This is really excellent dungeon synth, potentially one of my favorite recordings of the genre actually.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Rhun:

It certainly is a favourite of mine too, both from Lamentation and in dungeon synth in general.

Split? Oh I suppose you mean the compilation that was supposed to be made. Well, as far as I know all Nachtkaiser material was really just Lamentation stuff re-released under the new monicker so it'd hardly been much of a split. And unfortunately it's been laid on to rest, they were pretty fed up with all the old demos released on compilations lately and didn't want part of that. But you might be interested to know the old demo tapes were re-released not too long ago. I would've really preferred a compilation CD with all the stuff to re-editions of damned TAPES but at least they were now available again. Look and sound like the old versions, as far as I can tell.