sunnuntai 1. tammikuuta 2012

Indulgence - Enigmatic Thoughts demo 1995


Indulgence (nz) - Enigmatic Thoughts rehearsal/demo 1995
1)
Question
2) Pleasure
3) Threnody

Yandex

New year and here is the second salvo from the NZ heavy artillery courtesy of brother Fenrirsson who provided this rip & scan too, thank you! If the previous round with Convulsion was vile, this one is more of gloom and doom school, even if the rather upbeat first track/intro might lead you to think otherwise. Speaking of Convulsion, I should probably mention this is Karl the vocalist/guitarist solo here so you might now know what to expect.

Recorded on a four tracker at the rehearsal room this obviously isn't pro or polished-sounding, but the quality is proper enough for a demo recording. If you don't count the less-than-minute long opener, the music is slow and heavy with a suffocating aura of darkness hovering over the listener rather than the dreary melancholic dirge some death/doom bands aim for. In other words, more old Unholy than Turn Loose-era My Dying Bride. I was going to write something more but seems like my thoughts wander so I quit here. Recommended if you enjoy dark old death/doom in the dISEMBOWELMENT-vein!

7 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

The scanning of the classic Skogen Zine # 3 has now begun and will be contributed exclusively to Asmodian Coven. This zine is an absolute must for anyone who missed it, classic interviews with classic mid 90's Black/death Metal bands, an excellent representation of the scene at the time. This will include all 63 pages plus two bonus interviews, one of them not to be missed. It's coming soon so stay tuned!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Anonymous:

Excellent, I trust your scan will be of superior quality to what I could have done. I'll see tomorrow at work what I can get done with some other old 'zines!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Actually Skogen zine # 3 is a gift to you, Velkaarn, for posting the Kvist rehearsal,and several other long lost goodies. The resolution is set at 200 and I'm testing every page and it's coming out A+. You, of course will have to zoom in a bit, but everything is perfectly clear and legible. Sascha did do some drop art in the background which is sometimes distracting, but it doesn't matter if it's on paper, or scanned, the same quality. In fact this may be better, because with the aforementioned drop artwork, you can zoom in closer. I may finish tonight, but I want to write a forward for it, so it'll probably be ready by the weekend. Cheers!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Much appreciated, thank you! Yes, as my scanner isn't the best I was worried about how readable it would be with the background art. I am very pleased to read your scan is coming along well!

I tested quickly the scanner at my work and it seems to do a bit better than mine, scanned Kill Yourself!!! issue 4. Forgot to take a memory stick with me so I'll grab it later. Even if the quality weren't better than my scanner, it is much nicer to operate.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Argus:

I have the 'zine now, thank you very much! You did a very good work and I agree with you, reading the pages with the background art is easier on the PC screen. Excellent work, once again, I owe you one brother.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hey, you can post that Zine on your blog if you like, give it a proper post, I want to contribute it to the blog as well. I just didn't want to post the link in a thread for a different download. Enjoy!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thank you, of course I will. I am very drunk now so I will await till I get sober. I am not very pleased with my drunk posts. But Thanks alot for it, I shall do it soon.