keskiviikko 18. tammikuuta 2012

Neverwood - Grown demo 1997


Neverwood (fin - Lahti) - Grown demo 1997
1)
Murder in the Kindergarten. Pt2
2)
Headless
3) Grown
4) All Good Children

Reuploaded

This is again a bit different post and something I wasn't expecting either as I asked Grev to dub me this demo. You see, I thought it might be another demo by this Neverwood but turned out this was a completely different band. Even though there is a slight similarity as this one plays some sort of electro-industrial metal which reminds me of The Kovenant and Diablerie to drop some names quick. So naturally I was a bit dissappointed. Grev sent scans of the covers as well, much appreciated brother!

Like I said above, this reminds me a bit of few later 90's bands working in this area, but as this was not really my shot of vodka even back them I'm not too familar with many projects of this kind. The main issue was that they were too light and this demo isn't very heavy and neither is it very dark. However, if you approach it more from an electronic/industrial music angle than metal it works much better. I personally prefer the less metallic but gloomier atmospheres of the last track. Check it out, you know you're curious now!

2 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Curious about the music indeed based on your review. Perhaps more curious about how two bands would arrive at the name of Neverwood.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Kingpossum:

Indeed, and they even were active at the same time!