torstai 14. kesäkuuta 2012

Devilry - Unleashed to Haunt demo 1999


Devilry (fin) - Unleashed to Haunt demo 1999
1) Devilry Unleashed
2) Sodomize the Nazarene
3) Crush the Light with Vengeance
4) Destroyer

 Reuploaded

I just noticed all the posts this month have been (more or less) black metal, with the exception of the 'zine. Well, here's some death metal with lyrical content more blackened than on many so called black metal bands of the same era had. This is the first demo of Finnish Devilry whom and activities of members were mentioned on this post. Like the Mortal Agony demo, this rip was also contributed by comrade unholydeath - thank you!

Musically the demo is more vicious and brutal than the sort of comparable M.A. material and certainly much, much more aggressive (and blacker) than the atmospheric Bethel demo was. But these comparisons are sort of irrelevant anyways as this is obviously entirely different beast, with all different line-up and attitude. I'm not at all familiar with the pre-Devilry Carnival Diablo except that they have an unreleased demo and a name I dislike so not going to compare to past. Those of you familiar with the later material of Devilry are probably aware that they surely haven't lost their intensity but the focus has shifted from the almost old-Deicidesque Satanic/antichristian themes of early material further towards resistance against Abrahamic faiths, notably Islam as well as NS topics. But back to this tape, I should mention the demo has a good studio sound courtesy of Jämsén at Studio Perkele. The rip is also of very good quality so there's nothing to bitch about here. Well, I'd like a larger scan of the covers. Recommended if you enjoy death metal, slightly blackened and marinated in aggression.

4 kommenttia:

Misfits kirjoitti...

Hey Velkaarn! How are you doing? Thanks for all the new uploads (and posting all the Unhola demos!), especially in these days where sharing and keeping the links alive is getting complicated (and even downloading from shitty servers). I wanted to tell you that I didn't forget about your request (Ceremony's demo). I've been busier than what I'd have liked lately (well, besides lot of work, some family and friend visits, so I can't complain) and now it's my turn to go visit my family (leaving tomorrow until July). I'll try to rip the demo as soon as I come back. Sorry for making you wait so long. By the way, my demo is original, so it has all the songs it's supposed to have! Well, you don't need to post this comment, I just wanted to tell you I didn't forget, but I couldn't fine your email address, so I decided to post it here.
Best,
Misfits

alvaromisfits@gmail.com

PS: Sorry if I posted this message several times, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to post it.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Misfits:

Hello! Whoops I posted this comment before reading it to the end, well if you want I can always delete it later.

Don't worry about taking your time with the Ceremony demo, these things can take their time - the old tapes aren't likely to run away are they? Oh by the way I made recently a new email which I thought I might put here on the blog but haven't gotten around - it's ascoven@priest.com in case you need it!

P./unholydeath kirjoitti...

I'll scan you the covers today later in max quality. The one I gave you was just the metal archives jpg.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@unholydeath:

Thanks, whenever you got time to do it is fine!