maanantai 4. kesäkuuta 2012

Horna / Fog - Split 7"EP 1999


Horna / Fog - Perimä Vihassa ja Verikostossa & Whispered Myths Split 7''EP 1999
Horna:
1) Perimä Vihassa ja Verikostossa
Fog:
2) Whispered Myths (Of Ancient Times)

Depositfiles

 It might be well worthwhile to argue this post is kind of waste of time both for you and me as this EP certainly has been available on the inter nets for the longest time and Horna's track has been released on the CD version of "Perimä Vihassa ja Verikostossa" done in 2010 by Frostscald recs. So yeah, I really have no better reason to post this (and a couple of more) than that I recently ripped an old tape where a comrade of mine had dubbed a bunch of seven inches he had bought in late 90's/early 00's and as the result turned out good I thought I might as well share.

Should you actually have missed this, the Horna track is from the same session as the "Perimä Vihassa ja Verikostossa" 10" was recorded, it was an interesting choice to not have the title track on that release but on a split 7". Some people have criticized the sound of this session but personally I've always enjoyed the raw clarity of the production and everyone's performance. The track is quite lenghty and mostly midtempo, not perhaps the most exciting thing they've done but quite satisfying and epic nevertheless. Fog's track also appears on their full-lenght album, I'm not sure if it's the same recording or a different one as I can't remember when I've listened to it the last time, but in keeping in the spirit of wasting time let's assume it's the same thing here & there. It's proficient black metal in the Nordic vein, quite fast and varied. I'm not really impressed but they do ok. So there, if you for some reason don't have this yet go ahead and download. And I recommend you to check out the "Perimä..." 2010 CD version.

Ei kommentteja: