tiistai 26. kesäkuuta 2012

Into The Sunless Meridian - Sex Magick demo 1995


Into The Sunless Meridian - Sex Magick demo #2 1995
1) ...And Be Done With Yesterday...
2) Unfurl Your Leaves
3) Weightlessly Floating Down A Spaceless Spiral Staircase In A Necromantical Astral Body
4) Ritual Cunnilingus
5) Necrosexual Meditation With A Pale Lust Goddess
6) Sinking
7) Grim Vendetta
8) Necrophiliac (Slayer Cover)
9) Soaring Through The Appalachian Valleys And Up Into The Galaxy
10) Above And Beyond What You Could Ever Comprehend (Alien Intercourse And Climax)

Mediafire / Depositfiles (with cover scans)

I am still feeling quite dead after Nummirock so I'll make this brief. Here's another contribution sent by brother Vaalkoth aka Mikael and this is the 2nd demo from his solo project Into The Sunless Meridian. As the tracklisting might reveal to the observant reader, the concept of this demo is interesting and less common than say, vampirism or war. Unfortunately he doesn't have a scanner so I don't have a proper scan of the covers, the Metal Archives image has to do unless someone has a better scan to send.

UPDATE: Got the cover scans from Mikael's new blog. Downloads now include them.

The music on the demo is atmospheric black metal with some old school touches ranging from old heavy metal to death and thrash with ambient interludes thrown in. The demo is of quite epic lenght, clocking over 55 minutes which is a bit much. The sound is of quite typical early 90's demo quality, I've certainly heard worse and so have you if you've read this blog for any longer. I'd recommend you to check this out, especially if you liked the NCD material.

5 kommenttia:

Argus M. kirjoitti...

Mikael from North Greece, NY? I used to tape trade with him back in the mid 90's and interviewed him for my zine called Forever Slain(Highland Mills, NY). Back then he had the best tape trade list I had come across.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Argus M:

I'm certain we're discussing the same gentleman, though I was never trading with him back in the day. If you want to get in touch & reminiscence I can pass your contact to him?

vaalkoth kirjoitti...

Argus - yes it is me. Hello!! I still have all those tapes, 1000's of them. BUT, I have lost my own copy of the 1st Into The Sunless Meridian demo from 1994 - does anyone have a rip of it?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Vaalkoth:

I sure hope someone has as I've been wanting to hear that one for years!

I better add it to the wants on the side panel.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

"As the tracklisting might reveal to the observant reader..."

Nice touch Velkaarn.

I remain,