lauantai 2. kesäkuuta 2012

Medium - Rehearsal 1996

Medium (col) - Rehearsal 1996
1) Evil Emperor

Mediafire / Depositfiles

Quick one today and another pretty obscure piece from good old tape trading days. Here's a rehearsal by Colombian black metal band Medium, consisting of a single untitled track. Untitled as in I didn't get a title from my trader, don't know if the track had one or not. Don't know much else about Medium either, I think they had a demo or two (and/or rehearsal tapes) out in the 90's and then quit. Metal Archives mentions some of the band members later formed Abaddon which I haven't heard but appears to be black metal. Further info, track title, band pics/logo and other recordings would be welcome!

About the content: we've got one quite long (over 6½ minutes) track with decent rehearsal quality. The sound is slightly bassier than expected and could pass for a demo (well, rehearsal demo at least). Main voice is almost hysteric shriek and the music is nice, old schoolish in the South America tradition and gets almost bouncy at times. It's for the majority of time midtempo but you got both your slow parts and fast bits, so plenty going on for one track. I'd like to hear more from them, check this out if you enjoy old school style black metal recorded lo-fi, South American hordes or collect obscurities.

UPDATE: I've been informed the song title is "Evil Emperor" - I will re-upload with the corrected title ASAP! - Done now.

4 kommenttia:

Aging Ophelia kirjoitti...

Excellent choices you're giving me, here. Thanks for the links!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@heavy hedonist:

Thank you for the compliments, I assume you mean the blog as whole?

Enjoy your picks!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

The song called "Evil Emperor"

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thank you for the info! I'll need to update the download when I get home.