torstai 7. kesäkuuta 2012

Mortal 'zine #3


Mortal 'zine, issue 3 (March 1999)
Interviews:
Nomicon
Deranged (swe)
Headfucker magazine
Lividity
Anasarca
Abramelin (aus)
Brutalized 'zine
Krabathor
Vomitory (swe)
Aurora Borealis (us)
Diabolic
Cenotaph (tur)
Gorge
+reviews, lists, contacts

Depositfiles

Here's the 3rd issue of Mortal 'zine I mentioned when I posted the 2nd one in May. Much what I wrote then applies here, but with the addition of another person to the work and the editor paying attention to feedback much has been improved. The interviewees also seem more interesting to me this time around so overall it's better than the previous one. I'm not sure but this might've been also the last issue of the 'zine, the editorial mentions plans for 4th issue but I'm not sure if it came to be. Nice read if you're into death metal and even if not, I suppose you could browse through it and check out the reviews or something.

3 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Thanks Velkaarn. I've probably blathered here before about how in the digital age print magazines are such valuable time capsules.

In print you get the whole context of the period. A story found online is just an isolated bit of clinical information by comparison.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

You've mentioned your appreciation of real 'zines and I wholly agree! I've scanned a few more which should be interesting to read, I'll post at least one before midsummer.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Look forward to it, Velkaarn.