perjantai 6. heinäkuuta 2012

Drowned - Demo 1993


Drowned (ger) - Demo 1993
1) Intro
2) (Beyond the) Gates of Kadath
3) In Deathless Sleep
4) Underneath
5) Dawn of the Unholy

Mediafire / Depositfiles

Let's do some death metal now, shall we? First, here's the first demo of the German Drowned who would go on to release several cassettes and EPs over the years, latest of which being available at their Bandcamp page here. They're still around and making new material and some of you probably know their current vocalist/keyboardist Mors Dalos Ra from somewhere. But all that is not really relevent with this first tape, which I've ripped from a copy sent by a trader back in late 1994 (or early 1995). I got no covers for it so once again I've borrowed an image from Metal Archives and a better scan would be nice.

The music here is death metal which takes a darker, eerie approach rather than that of brutal violence which might explain how I was quite into it even back in my strict black metal phase. Of course the HPL references helped also. I don't think I've heard the second demo from 1995 so I can't compare this to their following releases except for the latest one which is obviously more refined but still surprisingly consistent when compared to this. Recommended if you like dark and musty old school death metal.

Ei kommentteja: