tiistai 24. heinäkuuta 2012

Shadowcaster - Psychelectronic Experience (1999)


Shadowcaster - Psychelectronic Experience CD 1999
1) Entrance Into The Shaman Consciousness (Phase I, II, III)
2) Riding The Zenith (Phase I, II)
3) Journey Across The Vast Psychedelic Landscape To The Darkness Beyond (Hallucinations With No Color)

Mediafire / Depositfiles

I have returned from Hammer Open Air alive, so here's the second Shadowcaster album I promised to post. For more information on the project see this earlier post. This too was sent by Mikael himself, so thank you again!

As you may see above, only three tracks this time but these are all very long, making the total playtime over an hour. First two are both over 15 minutes and the last one is an over half an hour juggernaut! Slightly surprising, this album is actually a little easier listen - at least in my opinion - as there isn't as much experimentation just for the sake of experimentation. It might be somewhat in my head but it sounds more consistent. There are still most elements from the previous album present, though the vocals tend to be more in the whispered/spoken vein rather than the black metallish rasp. The synths and effects lean to more spacey sounds, though parts are still very dungeon synth. A part in the second track reminded me of the old Doctor Who series' music. Which is pretty awesome. If you dared to check out the first album you'll want to hear this as well.

5 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Blessings Velkaarn and brother Mikael! So Tangerine Dream is actually a black metal band...who knew?

I'm with you Velkaarn, digging this weirdness a little more than the previous post/ This one is more cohesive yet stranger at the same.

A beautiful and brilliant thing.

Ian kirjoitti...

BTW, Metal Archives lists another full length plus two demos (as Mikael is fully aware o'course).

Could these also be on offer at the mighty Coven soon? Please say yes.

This is the coolest stuff ever.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the comments!

As it happens, I do have the third CD listed as well but it unfortunately has some errors either on the rip or on the disc itself Mikael ripped and sent me. That'd be the "Temptation" CD and it's old material (possibly re-recorded, can't recall just now).

I've also asked him for the demo recordings and he's promised to rip & send 'em. I suppose I better remind him about it!

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

Cool album. The vocals were pretty bad again, but they didn't seem to last too long. Very spacey, some pretty neat textures and stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

Thanks for the comment... now that I think about it, this reminds me at times a little of the Black Orchid tape I posted earlier.