lauantai 18. elokuuta 2012

Goetia #2


Goetia 'zine, issue 2 (1994)
Interviews:
Marduk
Gorgon (fra)
Behemoth (swe)
Deranged
Nezgaroth
In Flames
Memorium
Acheron
In The Woods...
Satyricon
Ancient Rites
Mortiis
Throne Of Ahaz
Dark Tranquillity
Excidium
Beherit
Katatonia
Disaster Area
Osmose Productions
Masochist
Gehenna
Sadist
Ancient
Rotting Christ
Articles:
Sigillum Diaboli (fin)
Vergelmer
The Moaning
Temperance
 + reviews

Depositfiles

Another 'zine and an old favourite of mine, this is the second and last issue of the Swedish Goetia featuring quite a load of bands within its 48 A5 pages. This is managed by small print, efficient lay-out and compact interviews (in other words, some are quite short and some interviewees gave short answers). The interviews are different from one another, partially by not repeating same formula and partly by being made by three persons (two contributers beside the editor). I admit much of my fondness for this 'zine probably stems from nostalgy but it should be a good read for others as well. Shame the editor decided to quit with this issue. He was supposed to start contributing to another 'zine "The Mourner's Lament" but I don't know how it turned out, would be interesting to see that 'zine - and the first Goetia issue too, if anyone happens to have them!

UPDATE: Comrade Kurgan's research has revealed that there were at least two more issues of Goetia made as the 4th issue was for sale recently. Get in touch with me if you have 'em, I want them.
UPDATE 2: I have all except the 1st one which I really want to see.

6 kommenttia:

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

Sounds like a good one. There's a lot of interviews there that I definitely look forward to reading. Thanks.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

You're welcome, hope you enjoy it. This was among the first 'zines I ordered, back in 1994.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Great share - appreciated!

Velkaarn, are you absolutely sure that #2 was the last issue of Goetia? In this thread http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30940&highlight=zines the fourth issue of Goetia is for sale. Or is it a completely different zine with the same name? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Kurgan:

Glad you enjoyed it. Hmm, that's interesting, I don't really know - he said on the editorial he was quitting the 'zine to collaborate with the other one and I recall he wrote the same thing in his letter but I can't know for sure. How about asking the guy who is selling the things? Still, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another Goetia.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I contacted the person who was selling Goetia #4. He sold the zine already and he confirmed that this is the same Swedish zine, which existed since early 90-ies and whose editor was Nicklas.

So, obviously at least 4 issues of this zine have been printed. If anyone has any leads to other issues, that would be most appreciated.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Kurgan:

Thanks for the info & your trouble, that was interesting to read. I guess the contributing thing didn't work out for him and he returned to making his own 'zine. I'd be really interested to see the rest of the issues now!