tiistai 28. elokuuta 2012

Impaled Nazarene - Live in Finland 1991 - 1992


Impaled Nazarene - Live in Finland 1991 - 1992
Hämeenlinna 4.7.1992, Giants of Rock festival
1) Intro
2) I Al Purg Vonpo
3) My Blessing (The Beginning of the End)
4) The Crucified
5) Condemned to Hell
6) Goat Perversion
7) The Black Vomit (Sarcofago cover)
8) Morbid Fate
9) In the Name of Satan
10) Fall to Fornication / After the Perversion
11) Damnation (Raping the Angels)
12) The Satanic Bloodspraying (Apator cover)
Riihimäki 9.5.1992
13) Goat Perversion
14) The Black Vomit
15) Condemned to Hell
16) The Crucified
17) In the Name of Satan
18) Fall to Fornication / After the Perversion
19) Damnation (Raping the Angels)
Oulu 23.8.1991, Day of Darkness festival
20) Intro: Salve Satanas
21) Condemned to Hell
22) The Crucified
23) The Black Vomit
24) Morbid Fate
25) In the Name of Satan
26) Fall to Fornication
27) Crucifixation (Deicide cover)
28) Damnation (Raping the Angels)
Oulu 12.7.1991, Koskean työväen talo
29) Intro: Salve Satanas
30) Condemned to Hell
31) The Crucified
32) The Black Vomit
33) Morbid Fate
34) In the Name of Satan
35) Fall to Fornication
36) Crucifixation
37) Damnation (Raping the Angels)

Reuploaded - 2022


After typing that tracklisting I don't feel much like doing a wall of text here, but I guess I have to write something. So, this is the Impaled Nazarene live compilation tape someone mentioned in the comments here. As you notice, I got that tape. The notes on the cover's tracklisting make me wonder if the band released this tape themselves back in whenever (see below) - I would appreciate more information on this if anyone knows?

Tracklisting on the very simple folded cover.

There are four shows here, two from each 1992 & 1991, running for 1:26:50 which means they are quite short by today's standards, I suppose. All these recordings have a good(-ish) sound, naturally varying from gig to gig and occasionally within the same gig. The Hämeenlinna one has a pretty diabolical guitar sound which is cool once your ear adjusts to it. Riihimäki gig was already posted on this blog and Oulu 23rd August 1991 was released on the first "Day of Darkness Festifall" split (with Beherit's bit). Last one would have a very good and enjoyable sound but it's a little marred by people talking over the recording. Extremely annoying. As always, I.N. live is very entertaining, the old tracks are total killers and good times are had whenever Mika opens his mouth. Recommended.

9 kommenttia:

F kirjoitti...

Great stuff... With the text as it is, it gives the appearance of something that Mika would have written back then...

Haven't ever really been a IN fan, though enjoy the material up to, and inclusive of, "Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz", but after that I really lost what they were trying to do.

Personally never understood the Deicide cover, and I remember being especially perplexed when I got the split live LP with Beherit... Deicide's reputation in the North back then was pretty poor (eg Varg's death threats etc), and I dare same that it's a shame that this type of attitude and perception has died out...

darksoul kirjoitti...

I see you finally got the tape, great! The Apator cover is one of the highlights of it!

And I think too that the band released this themselves, I'm not sure though, I got mine from eBay couple of years ago.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

I agree with your notion of the text, I'm pretty sure this was released by the band themselves.

Personally I enjoy I.N. till "Ugra Karma" and yeah I remember the Deicide hate, it got strong circa later 1992/early 1993 I think? 1991/early 1992 folks still seemed to be pretty much into them.

@darksoul:

Yeah, actually got it already a couple of months ago! Just been slow to rip & post. It's good stuff.

E.v.a.18 kirjoitti...

any chance to get this and other Impaled Nazarene tapes in Lossles format??
It Would be fucking great!!!!!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@E.v.a.18:

Sorry I'm not into flac-format, it's not going to do much of a difference with a ripped tape anyways. So at least for now, no.

Invidia kirjoitti...

could you please re-upload the stuff, the link here is unfortunaly dead?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Invidia:

Sure, reuploaded as I write this.

Achad kirjoitti...

link is dead
can you reupload this some day?
thanks in advance
cheers!!!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@yes:

Reuploaded and some day indeed. I hope you still check back here eventually.