torstai 9. elokuuta 2012

Jumalhämärä - Vanity of Humanity 7"EP 2001


Jumalhämärä - Vanity of Humanity 7"EP 2001
1) Soul Full of Maggots
2) Goatifying the Congregation

Mediafire

Finnish black metal again and if you remember the Horna posts from June, this EP was also dubbed on the tape I ripped. So, it's not a vinyl rip but a rip of a dub made from original vinyl. I had no cover for this so there's a quite decent image found probably on M.A. used. Jumalhämärä is a band that has changed their expression quite a bit for their recent (2007 & 2010) EP & debut album, which was released by Ahdistuksen Aihio, the EP by Hammer of Hate. The demos and this 7" sounded quite Norsecore influenced, fast and melodic black metal whereas the new releases have moved to avant garde/experimental and post/progressive realms.

But let's talk this one, there are two tracks for a bit less than ten minutes playtime as is typical for a 7"EP. Like mentioned the music here is still in that older form, inspired by for example Emperor (wild name throw not at all inspired by their cover choice on a demo), mostly moving in faster tempo, melodic, with some samples thrown in and synth backing employed. I think the songwriting has advanced here from the demos but this is based on an impression I have as I don't have the demos at hand to compare. All said, this was a pretty good EP, if you feel the current releases are too out there this might be a safer pick. Personally I've found the new EP & album very interesting and would advice you to take a listen at them if you tolerate the more avant garde material at all.

5 kommenttia:

The Count kirjoitti...

Thank you for this great blog! I have a request - Do you have a copy of Forgotten Pathways - Shrouded in Mystery? I have searched the internet in vain for this album, and noticed that a few years ago you posted a link to it. Unfortunately it was a megaupload link and is dead now. Could you post it again?

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks for the great blog! I noticed that a while back you posted a link in the comments section to Forgotten Pathways - Shrouded in Mystery. Unfortunately it was a megaupload link and is dead now. Could you please post a link to this very rare album again?

Tiago Rocha kirjoitti...

Hi there,
Would you like to exchange Links? Here's my blog;

http://mankind-suffering-visions.org/

Leave a coment, and let me know.
Thank you.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

Thanks for the comments.

@The Count/Anonymous: Do you remember which comment section I had that link? I'll have a look at it.

@Tiago: Ok, why not - I see you post also demos which I like.

The Count kirjoitti...

Velkaarn: It is in the comments section here: http://ascoven.blogspot.com/2011/11/funerary-call-comselh-de-ors-demo-1994.html Thanks!