tiistai 28. toukokuuta 2013

Emglev - Unreleased Demo 1994

  
Emglev - Unreleased demo 1994
1) Arvor, O Douar Sakr...
2) An Eured Ven

Mediafire / RGhost

Survived the festival and it's time to do a request. Sort of. I was contacted by zargonath who suggested I'd feature this project from Britanny, France as the old links were all quite dead and there were only some Youtube clips available. I then tried to contact various sources who had originally uploaded the material here and also the people who then released it on Metalarea and 'tube. Thanks to Lightfox, I got the recordings and now present them here. This had no cover art so I'll just post the same image of the guy behind the music used at Psychopathological zine. There was also the band logo, done by Alan from Tears of Ea, which you may see below as it didn't really appeal to my taste.

The logo.
But enough background banter, let's talk about the music finally. Only two tracks here but both are quite long, setting the total length of the recording over 12 minutes. I suppose the titles are in the local dialect or something, but the artist described this recording as battle hymns inspired by Mother Nature vibes from the Menez Arrez mountains. Whatever the case, it sounds awesome. Keyboard music with definite dungeon synth feeling and sounds inspired by not only the nature visions and feelings but also by the artist's fantasies of the medieval pagan past of his home. Myself I get flashbacks to the happy times spent in the later 80's playing games like Ultima IV on C64 and other assorted, nerdy things like that. Simple and sweet, somber stuff recommended for the dungeon synth oriented readers and Brittany enthusiasts!

10 kommenttia:

zargonath kirjoitti...

Thanks Velkaarn, you made my day!

Waiting for the other Demo

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@zargonath:

I should thank you for bringing this to my attention, it's good stuff! I'll do the second demo soon.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

This stuff borders on over-wrought. It sounds like a movie soundtrack for the scene where the protagonist, in anguish, rips down photos of his former love interest and proceeds to destroy his apartment. Smashing furniture, throwing dishes, finally breaking down, prone and in tears, on the floor.

Well executed stuff. Just a bit melodramatic. Let's see what movie scene the second demo can accompany...

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

Wow, that was evocative! I suppose melodramatic is what you might expect from a French artist? ;) I was more caught with game music soundtrack vibes to note such drama but now that you said it, the beginning is a bit like that. Dammit cannot unsee/-hear!

The next non-metal things are going to be very minimalistic. Though they may evoke scenes in one's head as well.

Andrew Werdna kirjoitti...

Wow, cool stuff! I agree with kingpossum that it's overly sentimental, well the first track anyways, but still, it's not bad. And definitely ds, I'll add it to the list. Thanks!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Andrew:

It is, I'm very glad I got the tip from zargonath to check this out!

rumble kirjoitti...

I'm friend of this guy. Old metal-head from Brittany, France.He listen 80's Heavy metal, but also of course extreme metal. Commited to the underground !

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@rumble:

Well in that case let him know that these old recordings are still being appreciated and if he has anything left unreleased I for one would be interested in hearing it!

Monika Westbrook kirjoitti...

Thank you very much for letting us hear this masterpiece, greetings.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Monika:

You're welcome, I'm quite fond of this myself!