perjantai 12. heinäkuuta 2013

Werewolf - The Werewolf Is Unleashed demo 1996


Werewolf (swe) - The Werewolf Is Unleashed
1) The Werewolf Is Unleashed
2) Nightrider
3) Wind of Death

Yandex

This blog needs more black metal and today we get it. Here's the only demo of the Swedish project Werewolf, featuring Mörk of Malign fame (and several other bands) on drums and backing vocals and Belthan's Robban on everything else. I really wanted to hear this again after a long time but it took some effort to locate my dub of it. So yes, it's another tape traded thing as the most seasoned readers probably already guessed by the stamp-size image adorning this post. Borrowed again from Metal Archives, I wouldn't mind getting a better scan but I suppose you can see everything on the small pic if you squint hard enough.

To the content; three tracks and about 14½ minutes of rabid Swedish black metal, first song is a short one and goes right at the throat, second one follows in similar vein but is much longer and has more variation. The third and longest track starts off slow but gains momentum soon while still having most variation of the three. The sound is raw, not going to describe it further. Good stuff, too bad they didn't record anything else. As far as I know, that is. Recommended for people into associated bands and ones I mentioned in the linked entries.

2 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Is it just me, or is the drummer playing exactly the same beat on all three tracks? Not exactly sure what is going on here, but whatever it is I don't share your enthusiasm for it Velkaarn.

Thanks for the post though--I dl'd the Malign which I had overlooked before and like very much. Sounds like you are right in the basement, hall or club space with the band.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

That's a common issue with fast black metal I think. Good that you enjoyed Malign though!