sunnuntai 20. lokakuuta 2013

Vampira - Demo 1995

Vampira - Demo 1995
1) Bleed for Us
2) Darkened Eternity
3) Under a Crescent Moon

RGhost / Yandex

Here's a black metal demo again and I've been meaning to post this earlier, but an unfortunately fruitless hunt through a ton of dusty old papers delayed me. You see there is preciously little information and no pictures of any sort available of the US vampiric bm project Vampira who, as far as I know, released only this quite short demo in 1995. I know I have (or had?) a bio or info sheet of some sort which I think would've had at least a logo somewhere, but it's very well hidden. Being managed by "Hardman Entertainment" (the contact in M.A.) and having an European promoter making a fuss was slightly suspicious, to say the least, not to mention the whole "Romanian vampires making black metal" or whatever else the bio sheet implied the band to be. Whether an attempt to cash in the bm (and vampire) trend, a fun side project by people in some other sort of band, or actually serious black metal vampires we'll never know. That is unless someone there has more information. Cover and any sort of images would also be appreciated!

As for the music, this demo has a bit less than ten minutes of material, divided into two longer and one short track. There's a brief intro between the first and second track, but the tracks proper are metal. The sound is quite good for a demo but it gives me really more death than black metallish feel. Though it is obvious they're going for black metal here. Brisk mid tempo most of the time speeding up to actually fast parts occasionally. Now that I listen to it while typing I'm actually reminded quite a lot of old Greek bm at certain points. I guess the machine drums contribute to that feel a lot. There is a little bit of tape imperfection, nothing really drastic again. This leaves me still kind of divided, it's dodgy for sure but still I don't feel like completely trashing them. I guess you need to have a listen as I don't make that much sense today.

5 kommenttia:

Discordia kirjoitti...

Thank you!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Discordia:

You're welcome!

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Awesome. You could label this Black Classical and not get much argument for anyone. Brilliantly conceived and executed. Love the long droning passages, and the shriek vocals add menace without feeling contrived.

I'd love to hear this stuff live. Really looking forward to the next one. Thank you Clement and Sir Velkaarn!

I remain,

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

Great that you enjoyed it, but I presume you meant the Astral Underground demo right?

I'll post his other project by the end of the week so stay tuned!

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Ha! Yes, I my post was intended for Astral Underground.