torstai 10. heinäkuuta 2014

Die Verbannten Kinder Evas - Nachtaugen live 1996


Die Verbannten Kinder Evas - Nachtaugen - Live in Vaduz 1996
1) The Serpent's Voice
2) Shadowvale
3) Requiem
4) Futile Belief
5) House of Glass

Reuploaded!

Get more DVKE here!

I think it is about time to post some non-metal stuff again, here is the long-sought (at least by me) live by Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, or rather the audio part from the VHS. Many thanks to the person who sent me his rip! This however is not the rip as it was sent, I have adjusted it a bit. You see, it appears the audio on the video was mono so I've cheated and made it "stereo" by duplicating the mono audio track. End result is fair enough for me, it was very annoying to listen to with headphones as mono. There was no tracklisting but I'm pretty sure I got it right. The cover you see above mentions Weltenbrand but their part is not featured here so it's a bit misleading.

The performance was recorded live in Vaduz which is the capital of Liechtenstein, can't remember the venue or much other details. Playtime is a bit over 25 minutes, I don't know if this is the whole set or was it cut to make the total video 60 minutes, which seems likely. There's a part of this on Youtube and it featured mainly Richard Lederer aka Protector and one of the women, not sure which one, his sister Julia I believe. Not sure about Michael Gregor (Silenius) but I suppose he's there too. The sound is ok, though the volume is still quite low, I should've probably increased it a little more. Obviously one can adjust the hardware to remedy this. All the songs are from the self-titled debut album which I like very much. So naturally if you're into it, you're likely to enjoy this too. The live versions differ enough to merit a listen. And it says kult right on the cover so naturally you need to grab it right now!

UPDATE: Well, didn't quite get the tracklisting right, the last song was not Darkened Skies at all, it's House of Glass from "Come Heavy Sleep"! Reuploaded with corrected tracklisting.

UPDATE II: Not really directly relevant to this post but just found out a digital compilation of remastered and complete '94 demo and a live performance from Rotterdam '97 was released in late '14 and can be found on Bandcamp at name-your-price. A link has been added, go get it.

19 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Cool, thanks. I always enjoy this stuff. Filing it in the Ritual/Martial directory, alongside Death In June, Rome, Derniere Volonte and that lot.

I'm envisioning a stage show replete with torches, fog, hooded figures and the like. Not sure that was the reality for this live show but what the hey. I'll go with it because I've no clue what the cover art of this this thing is supposed to be telling me.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

The cover art certainly tells you as a first thing, if you don't recognize the bands, "put me back in the shelf and exit the store" and as second "kult" - I blame the Weltenbrand guy/label manager for it myself!

Glad you enjoyed it however. I recall (from the clip I've seen) the show was a bit more spartan than your imagination, had a rather gothic mood to it.

Panacea kirjoitti...

Great stuff Velkaarn.
On the first sight i thought that you've posted the video-rip of this but nevertheless you got me sold there with the Kult reference. :-)

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Panacea:

Thanks for the comment and yeah, I was kind of worried about people expecting video with the cover.

Fortunately some people such as yourself do read the text as well! ;)

GREV kirjoitti...

Well, well... DVKE is one of my faves, so I must say BIG THANKS top you brother!

Now my Friday night is saved! \m/

Pest kirjoitti...

Song number 5 is not Darkened Skies, i can't figure out which song it is, can someone provide the correct song name?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Pest:

You can believe I spent more than enough time with the tracklisting before posting this and this was a pain in the ass. It's Darkened Skies but a very different version, with Protector instead of the female vocalist and missing the first part of percussion.

Pest kirjoitti...

no it is not darkened skies, that is my favorite dvke song and i would know if that is the song, upon more looking around, i found out the song is House Of Glass from come heavy sleep, if you listen to both songs at the end, you can tell they have the same ending, i wish i can find videos of that show, do you know where to get the weltenbrand side of the video?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Pest:

Oh shit, you're right and I'm supposed to be a big fan of DVKE and especially the second album! I suppose I was thinking too heavily it to be just the debut album's songs. Will reupload with revised tracklisting, thank you for the heads up and legwork.

Unfortunately I've only been able to come up with this audio so far, I'd commit atrocities for a good rip of the whole video.

Pest kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn

you are welcome, yea i would love to see full show live along the weltenbrand side too, i cannot find the audio songs for weltenbrand for that show, the only vhs available for that concert is on amazon.de and it is in pal format

Pest kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn

http://gothelectrodarkbootlegs.blogspot.com/2008/03/goth-electro-dark-bootlegs-deathrock.html

he have the video of the show, can you see if you can get it from him?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Pest:

Hmm, I should see Amazon.de for the tape. Don't have a VHS player though but I've some old tapes that need converting eventually so why not add one to the pile? As for that guy, he seems to have really neat stuff but only for trade. Doubt he'd be inclined to perform a favor.

Pest kirjoitti...

i am asking a person i know if he can convert the vhs to dvd, hopefully i will get a positive answer

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Pest:

That'd be great, keep me posted! Now that I think back someone was supposed to do that for me about three years ago or so, didn't happen in the end. Better luck with your contact.

Pest kirjoitti...

he said he will do it, i will have to wait for the vhs to arrive to my place

Pest kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn

the person did convert the vhs to dvd and i finally got the dvd today, are you still interested in the show?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Pest:

That is good news and yes, I am. You can reach me with the email on the sidepanel, despite the current time of low activity I still check it every few days.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Are there any news about the DVKE DVD? I'm really looking forward for it.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Alas, Pest has not approached me again after his comment about it. He's either busy or has forgotten about it I wager. Since I've no contact with him we'll wait to see if he gets back to it.

And I'm looking forward to that too!!!