perjantai 12. joulukuuta 2014

Incubus Succubus - Corn King cassEP 1994


Incubus Succubus - Corn King cassette EP 1994
1) Welcome to the Underworld
2) Prince of Shadows
3) Corn King
4) Witchunt (Fly Sister, Fly)
5) Dance (In the Fire of Love)

Mega

More 'different' stuff follows and now I'm quite pissed, I thought I had already posted this last night before leaving for work but something went wrong and all I found was just a title and nothing else in unfinished texts. Great.

I'm not going to bother with all the crap I typed for a second time, you can find the bio for Incubus Succubus, later spelled Inkubus Sukkubus on their website. Cassette EP, two songs appear on "Heartbeat of the Earth" album (UPDATE: actually all of them do but some were retitled and all are quite different versions), pagan/gothic rock with female main vocals, male backing. Mostly pretty catchy tunes, an old guilty pleasure of mine. Ripped from a dub I got tapetrading in the 90's. That is all.

7 kommenttia:

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Can't wait to hear their performance of the soundtrack to the stage play, The Age of Aquarius. Listening to this stuff--which I like a lot by the way--I get visions of dancers in psychedelic stretch outfits dancing around sun and moon images. Lights! Camera! Cheese!

Thanks for the post. Really

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

As stated, a guilty pleasure of mine hailing to the tapetrading days of yore! Though I have to say a full album of them is a bit much, this EP-sized snack seems more appropriate these days. And yeah, there's definitely that new age vibe!

Emptiness Cycle kirjoitti...

This is my all time favourite non-bm band and local to me - I've met them a handful of times. I actually have an entire full length album's worth of unreleased and rare tracks from circa 1995-2002.

Let me know if you want them, you know how to contact me.

-E

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Emptiness Cycle:

Hmm, like I mentioned to kp up there this has been for long a guilty pleasure of mine so naturally I'm interested! I'll send you a memo about it next.

Emptiness Cycle kirjoitti...

I look forward to it.

Emptiness Cycle kirjoitti...

BTW all 5 tracks were on "Heartbeat", some re-named. Demo versions on this MC are clearly different. "Underworld" for example...

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@EC:

Thanks for the correction and yup, I agree some of these versions are really different from the album ones. Heh, different enough for me to realize they were on it.