perjantai 20. maaliskuuta 2015

T.O.L.K - Entropia demo 1996


T.O.L.K - Entropia demo 1996
1) Raspi
2) Simpance homous

RGhost / Mediafire

And now something different, still Finnish but really quite different. This is another sending of master Sorvali, thanks for the scan and rip! I don't remember it but I was told I'd been looking for this or asking about it. Must've been drunk. So, it's a demo by the... I don't know what to call it, progressive weird ass project T.O.L.K which apparently recorded two (not 100% sure about that) demos and at least this one is instrumental and features the trio of Santeri Saksala of Alamaailman Vasarat on drums, Nipa Ryti playing bass (don't really know him from elsewhere) and an Aleksi Laiho from Inearthed on guitar. That band split up pretty soon after getting a deal in '97 but he started a new one, you might've heard of it. They actually played live with this, there was a clip from '97 on Youtube which I'm now too lazy to look up again. But it was there.

Enough stalling, to the music. Only two songs but both are of moderate length so there's ten minutes of stuff to chew. I still don't know what to accurately call this, progressive metal I suppose might be a suitable catch-all description I can shove this under and flee. The people obviously are proficient with their instruments and I suppose they know what they're doing. I wish I could say the same. Well, it's not that outrageously bizarre but still outside my usual palate. Recommeded for people into progressive music, interested in the involved parties other bands or fans of apes.

8 kommenttia:

Eugene kirjoitti...

Lateksi Laiho, holy crap xD Now that's something weird.

And I actually heard a bit of Impearial March in track №1

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Eugene:

Yeah, definitely! And Imperial March wasn't only bit to spot, I'm pretty sure there's the theme from an old children's program in the beginning, Nalle Luppakorva.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

Improv metal? It's like these metal guys grew up listening to the Instant Composers Pool Orchestra of Dutch jazz cats. Kind of some Primus things happening too. Truly oddball and fascinating because of it, to these ears. High marks for originality.

Thanks for the post.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

This is definitely oddball even among all the unusual items posted recently. Thought you might dig it, actually.

kingpossum kirjoitti...

I think I'll get the cover art put on a t-shirt and wear it to the next BM show. See what looks I get from the kids in their inevitable Mayhem, Suffocation and Exodus shirts.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@kingpossum:

Well, it might look pretty cool actually, nice conversation piece, breaks the ice at parties.

Warmaster666 kirjoitti...

Damn! I don't know how I missed this release in your blog, but I stumbled upon it just now. I'm a big fan Alexi and I am glad to hear this demo tape. It somewhere I can purchase?

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

You're welcome, hope you enjoy it! Well, I doubt you can readily find it anywhere since it seems to be quite obscure release but I wish you good luck. I doubt Henu is selling his copy.