keskiviikko 3. kesäkuuta 2015

The Call of the Four Gates - Faturek the Wolf demo 1995


The Call of the Four Gates - Faturek the Wolf demo I 1995
1) Condemned to Burn
2) The Spell of Diana
3) I Call Satans Triangle
4) Faturek the Wolf

Mega / Rusfolder

Ok, like the old Finnish saying goes, "there's no two without a third" (yeah, I know that hardly makes sense, many old sayings don't but they do offer decent excuses) let's continue where we left off last week with Austrian demos. This one is a contribution too, sent by a reader already months ago. I'm posting it this late as I was hoping to get at least a bit larger cover scan than the tiny one included but as it's not happening I thought enough delay, let's do this. The rip is fortunately of very high quality.

If you've heard the "Host of Chaos" demo, or early Hyperion material (you probably have since I just posted some) you might have an idea how TCot4G sound like. Except that the music isn't really much like Hyperion here, sound has similarities though. There's only four tracks here, plus unlisted intro and outro which I didn't go separating from the "proper" tracks this time, but just over forty minutes of material so the songs are of epic lengths and you'd better enjoy repetition or go elsewhere / make 3-4 minute radio mixes of the songs. I am staying and find their raw and rather basic black metal at best enjoyable and sort of nostalgic and at worst drawn-out, uninspired and plain boring. The first track can be a little discouraging to sit through, especially if you're on a restless mood but I say persevere and give it at least one full listen. Stand outs for me would probably be "I Call Satans Triangle" and not just because of the amusing name, and the title track which sounds somehow more intense than the early part of the demo. For people who really, really like long and repetitive black metal songs, collect Austrian blackened relics or want to name-drop really obscure bands while monologuing on their listening habits.

4 kommenttia:

Panacea kirjoitti...

Finally a chance to hear their first demo,
lets hope that this is as enjoyable as "Host Of Chaos".
Thanx.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Panacea:

I predict the answer is "no" but then again who am I to say what people find more enjoyable? Did you check out the Hyperion demo featuring (mostly) same personnel?

Panacea kirjoitti...

Well, unfortunately your prediction was correct...:-)
Nevertheless it worths a listening, as for the Hyperion demo, i did not,
but i will check it right now.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Panacea:

Yes, everyone starts somewhere and occasionally the first demo isn't the band's best release (madness!)! A rare thing and has historical value, still. Let me know what you thought about Hyperion then.