sunnuntai 29. tammikuuta 2017

Ordo Equilibrio - Live in Turku 19-09-98


Ordo Equilibrio - Live at TVO, Turku Finland 19th September 1998
1) Phosphorous Ascending / Anthem of Venus
2) Where Happiness Ruled
3) In the Grassy Fields, Where the World Goes to Sleep (We Kissed This World Goodbye) Again
4) Reaping the Fallen. The First Harvest…
5) The Perplexity of Hybris. I Glorify Myself
6) Living by the Sword. Dying by the Sword. The Lustrous Banquet.
7) Nature Seeking Equilibrium / War for the Principal of Balance.
8) Cleansing the Tainted Face of Reason

Mega / Depositfiles

Sunday chill out strikes back with a laidback yet very determined vengeance! Yeah, it is non-metal again and an item contributed to me already in '15, thanks to the sender you know who you are! I don't think we've ever featured a CMI artist before (countless Mortiis 'zine appearances do not count) despite the label's huge importance especially in the 90's. This is Ordo Equilibrio of Sweden, later known as Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio, formed by Tomas Pettersson of Archon Satani fame with his then-girlfriend back in '93. I liked the first album and the "I4I" EP quite a bit but was somehow slightly dissappointed in the second album and even though I still enjoyed it I lost interest after that and haven't really revisited them either. Wonder if I should? I'll ponder that later, what we have here is a live recording of their gig at TVO in Turku, organized by Kuolleen musiikin yhdistys aka KMY. KLV (one more three letter abbreviation and I start screaming) performed also but alas we do not have their part.

Eight songs for 38 minutes so it is not a very long gig but should be complete. Unless the person who recorded this took off and missed an encore or something. Don't believe that, I think I've seen this show mentioned or reviewed somewhere back in... another time and I seem to recall a mention of how short it was. The sound would be good if not for the occasionally amusing (provided you understand Finnish) but mostly just annoying and really distracting babbling of apparently the guy recording this and some oafish mate(s) of his. Oh how I hate it when people have friends when they are supposed to record something! Ordo Equilibrio's performance appears to be rather minimalistic yet ample. This might be a good time to mention they play "apocalyptic folk industrial" as the KMY poster puts it. Or in more words, a mixture of neofolk and martial industrial, some tracks being fully of one sort, others the second and some mix both or divert elsewhere. It's quite easylistening stuff compared to Archon Satani or some other CMI names like say Brighter Death Now or Deutsch Nepal but still too challenging to our audio (well, he could video it for all I know) chronicler's peasant pal. Oh well, if you enjoy Ordo Equilibrio or in general are into CMI bands you might enjoy this live recording provided you can successfully ignore the inane banter. Not understanding the language probably assists in the endeavour.

10 kommenttia:

GREV kirjoitti...

@Velkaarn.

Really big thanks to you and the contributor! I Really love these CMI Artists

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy the recording, despite the Finnish talkshow!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Thanks amazing stuff

pagan kirjoitti...

Great! I've never heard these guys live before, so thanks for that and your continuing work on this blog.

I have a request which might tickle your dungeon synth fancy. A Finnish band Jääportit made a demo in 1998 called "Halki lumisen metsän". I see it mentioned on various dungeon synth lists but I can't track it down. Seems like something you would know about. Do you by chance have that? :D

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@pagan:

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed the show.

Hmm, you are right, I remember seeing that title too but alas, I don't have it. But now that it has been brought to my attention I will strive to hunt it down. Thanks for the tip!

GREV kirjoitti...

@pagan & Velkaarn.

I've found old rip of that demo on my collection. I've uploaded it (dropbox) and send link to you Velkaarn

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@Grev:

Thanks, brother Grev! Well, that was a quick hunt then. More like checking out the freezer.

pagan kirjoitti...

Awesome, you guys are the best!

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@pagan:

No problem, I was curious too. I'll do something about it soon.

GREV kirjoitti...

Hails!

You're very welcome @pagan & Velkaarn...